E M P L O Y E R H I S T O R Y
2021 – PRESENT
LATCHA & ASSOCIATES
2001 – 2021
J. WALTER THOMPSON
BUSINESS NEWS PUBLISHING
C A R E E R H I G H L I G H T S
Creative Director – Brand Mayo Collaborative Services
- Responsible for strategically implementing rebranding campaign initiatives for MCL. Currently shaping and directing the new creative design executions throughout a variety of platforms.
- As the sole creative, facilitating and overseeing experience strategy development, conceptual design, copy and art direction, production oversight and concepts for photoshoot and video productions. Ensuring all creative deliverables align within the new brand guidelines design and user requirements.
- Proactively and efficiently employing time-management skills to keep design activities and projects on schedule. Closely partnering and collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams and clients to establish strategy and align goals with tactics.
- Creating and presenting new visual identity to MCL teams and management, showcasing design executions and and marketing communication improvements throughout the phases of the campaign launch.
Certified Group Fitness Instructor
Studio 8 Fitness
In 2019, I took my personal passion for working with people and health and fitness to the next level. I attended certification courses to learn how to help others live healthy and happier lives. In May of 2021, I achieved my Personal Training Certification through the National Academy of Sports Medicine. Each week, I engage with clients and cater fitness routines to meet their desired goals.
Current certifications and specialty training:
- Certified Personal Trainer through National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Certified Group Fitness Instructor, Corrective Exercise and Active Aging Nutrition through SCW
- Barre Certification through Barre Above
- BOSU Certification and HydroBall training through BOSU U
- LaBlast Certification through LaBlast
Director of Strategic Design/Creative Director
Latcha and Associates
- Leading a team of 18 creators including art directors, copywriters, photographers, and retouching artists, I am a mentor who enjoys collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to collectively deliver incredible experiences.
- Inspiring and motivating teams to create and deliver influential, innovative, customer-centric solutions that drive business goals.
- Supervising and guiding creative solutions with a strong voice for creative and a meticulous eye for detail.
- Coaching direct reports to set and work towards career goals, and helped identify training and development needs.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, interacting with all levels of management, staff and clients to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships.
- Creating memorable, human experiences for Ford and Lincoln brands. Deriving the best solutions to deliver positive user experiences that clearly communicate relevant content to target customers.
- Self-motivation driven by the desire to ideate and create sound design principles while working in fast-paced environments and juggling multiple clients and projects.
- Expanding agency business assisting in winning Lincoln/Mercury, Audi Parts and Service, and Vera Bradley clients.
Created a rebranding campaign for Vera Bradley. The new campaign captured moments in life that felt emotional and authentic. The photo design purposefully created a story featuring natural talent doing familiar and fun activities while carrying their favorite bag. Consumers responded: “…Vera can be part of whatever my lifestyle is.” “…it’s about owning who you are today…” “These ads…spoke to my soul.” The campaign extended into national magazines, OLAs, CRM, social media posts, in-store displays, and more. With retail, came quick thinking and fast reacting.
When Lincoln launched the new MKZ; it was at the same time the company changed its name back to The Lincoln Motor Company. To help lure younger target customers who were unfamiliar with Lincoln and its 90+ year heritage, I conceptualized a smartphone app to accompany the printed brochure. Hovering a smartphone over the brochure, the app showed a recreated vehicle brochure photograph. The customer simply swiped left and right to see the image change to the comparable historic image of a vintage Lincoln ad. This experience engaged the customer to see the new MKZ while interacting with Lincoln history. Test results: 60% increase in “favorable impression of Lincoln” after using the app; 67% increase in “interest in MKZ” after using the app; 85% users said the app was “engaging.” Additionally, the creative execution won several awards, including a Davey.
Integral involvement in the launch of a Lincoln Brand app for smartphones. Produced comprehensive product information, lifestyle content, and demonstration videos to create an interactive experience. Having product information in the palm of the consumer’s hand was a completely new touch-point for Lincoln.
Sole creative for all Lincoln brochures. Conceptualizing, designing and executing photography concepts. Completing an average of seven vehicle brochures annually, managing and mentoring eight creative team members working on the Ford business.
Senior Art Director
J. Walter Thompson
- Created and produced websites and banner advertising for ’98 Ford vehicle lineup, Ford Credit and Goodyear. Programmed and presented a working model of the website designs to all clients.
- Branded the 1999 model year Ford brochures and Race for the Cure event communications.
- Created and produced nine recruitment brochures for Ford. Produced seven 15-minute recruitment videos for Ford. Managed every task from story boarding and talent selection to animation creation and editing.
- Directed recruitment marketing pieces for GM OnStar, Mercy Health Services, St. John Hospital, Henry Ford Health Systems, and Kelly Services.
Senior Art Director
Business News Publishing
- Received Most Outstanding Employee award upon finishing my first year of employment.
- Rebranded and produced monthly trade magazine.
- Established new start-up bimonthly magazine.
- Created logos / icons and a variety of promotional pieces for five other magazines driving advertisement placement in upcoming magazine issues.